Well you guys I have to say, 2017 welcomed me with big open arms... I think this year and I are going to have a great time together. At least that's the vibe January has given me and I'm just gonna ride it out!
On December 30th, 2016 I received an email from a curation specialist at an international artists organization asking if I would like to participate in a local art show coming to Chicago January 25th. On January 3rd I was registered with an account and spent all my nights and weekends preparing for this unique opportunity.
As an emerging artist with essentially no show experience - RAW was the perfect first show for me. Here's why...
- It is free to participate!
- ...as long as you sell 20 tickets before the deadline. (Initially I was very doubtful I would hit this number - but shortly blown away by the support you guys showed! In fact I sold about 40 tickets *happy dancing all day*)
- You earn about half the cost of each ticket sold after you hit the 20 ticket quota (see #1 - more happy dancing)
- The event showcases all local artists
- Further explaining #3... the event is SUPER diverse in terms of mediums
- It features a pop-up gallery featuring independent visual artists and photographers, fashion shows from up-and-coming local designers, live musical performances, vendor booths featuring local artisans and accessories designers, and live performance art. You get a little taste of everything.
- Unlike many art shows, you get to keep all of your earnings!
- You become a member of an artistic community (created for artists, by artists - how cool is that?!)
- With countless benefits including an opportunity to participate in a different city's show for free.
- I almost forgot... you get free professional head shots
- (Excuse my awkward poses you'll find below... I had to follow the models and was V intimidated! I have a whole new respect for models) as well as professional photos taken during the show.
- I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting, so check it out for yourself here!
- If you are a local artist in a major city (or country! They are in Australia and Canada too people!) check out RAW and let me know what you think!
I can't thank you all enough for supporting me with this artistic endeavor of mine. You have given me so much energy to keep creating.
Now make it a great day everyone!